2015 ended up being nothing like I planned. I spent most of the year sick during my 2nd pregnancy, but thankfully our little boy is here now and I’m feeling so much better. The following are my lists of accomplishments from 2015 and my goals for 2016.
- Was active member of the Music Teacher’s National Association (MTNA), and on the UMTA Concerto Competition Committee (Instrumental).
- Was awarded a grant from MTNA.
- Member of Utah Valley Symphony.
- My studio grew to include 22 students at one point. (now at 18)
- Held 2 studio recitals, 2 summer camps, a conducting camp, and multiple group classes.
- Kept adding technology to my studio.
- Was my church’s assistant organist.
- Continued tuning pianos.
- Was interviewed for my first webinar.
- Self-published a violin scale book and violin Christmas book.
- Had a baby, which took up most of my time since I was sick the entire pregnancy.
Goals for 2016
- Finish MTNA certification for both violin and piano.
- Write accompaniments for violin Christmas book.
- Make one youtube video a month.
- Restore/sell the piano that I purchased in 2013.
- Post on blog once a week.
- Add a lab time to my lessons this fall.
I’m so excited to see what 2016 brings!