What does Tuition Cover?
- Time spent with student- Lessons, group lesson
- Time spent in preparation for the student- trips to music store, lesson planning, bookkeeping, development of curriculum, etc
- Teacher’s training and experience- I have a Bachelors in Music with an emphasis in teaching violin, as well as teaching for 10 years
- Recital costs and preparations- Programs, refreshments, dvd, etc.
- Professional journals and books for me to keep current with teaching materials and trends
- Studio Expenses- Copying, computer software, incentive programs, instruments, tunings, repairs, newsletters, website (udystudio.com)
- Music books and CDs- materials I purchase to keep costs low for students (I lend out music sometimes, and plan on building my library and loaning out more often)
- Property taxes, self-employment taxes, business licenses, insurance
- Continuing education- lessons ad classes that keep me current on methods and techniques
Payments are made monthly, due by the first lesson of each month. Invoices are emailed the end of the previous month. Students may pay with cash or check (payable to Rebecca Udy or Udy Studio).
The fall and spring semesters tuition includes 31 scheduled lessons (14 for fall, 17 for spring). 2 weeks are scheduled for Christmas break, 1 week for Thanksgiving break, and 1 week for Spring break. The additional 3 unpaid weeks of the school year are reserved for the teacher to take off from lessons as needed for illness. If the teacher chooses not to use those 3 weeks, the student benefits by receiving those lessons free.
Group lessons are held about every 2 months for one hour. We use this time to practice performing, learn theory, and make music friends.
Summer lessons are $75/month. The teacher understands that summer is often busy with vacations, and she will work with the student to customize a summer schedule that is mutually convenient. 10 lessons will be taught between June and August. If needed more than one lesson can be taught during a week, or a lesson may be extended.
Music book costs will be added to the next month’s invoice. Books generally cost $7-$10 each. A student will need approximately 3-6 new books a year, depending on their progress. Each student is also required to own a basic metronome (Approximately $25-$30).
CANCELLATIONS and ABSENCES
Students should notify the teacher as soon as possible if they plan to miss a lesson. There is no refund or credit for canceled or missed lessons. Due to the teacher’s full studio, makeup lessons are not guaranteed. In the event of an emergency or unforeseen event, the teacher will make an effort to accommodate a makeup lesson. It is the parents’ responsibility to initiate contact with the teacher regarding possible makeup lesson scheduling. Any makeup lessons are only based upon the teacher’s availability, and will only be made-up within a month of the missed lesson.